If you are using VirtualBox for running MacOS X already, please note the following
- You need to update to the latest Trinitron's Patch for VB after upgrading to VB3.1.6.
(3.1.6 x86 version or 3.1.6 x64 version)
For details, please refer to Trinitron's post.
- Your network card may not work after the upgrade. To solve it,
- first try disconnecting and connecting the network card via VB's menu option.
- If this does not work, simply remove the network in your Leopard/Snow Leopard and restart the VM. A 'new' network should be detected automatically (or if not, simply add it manually). As usual, disconnect and connect the netword card if needed.
If you haven't installed VirtualBox yet but want to setup a VM for MacOS X, please note the following:
- Simply use VB 3.1.6 and latest Trinitron's patch to setup the environment. I believe you can then simply follow the procedures as in my previous guides for VB3.1.4 (for Leopard and SL)
In VB3.1.6, Mac OSX is still not 'officially' supported (as we cannot select Mac OSX as the guest OS). Let's wait for VB 3.2!